Men’s Retreat Canceled

by Baxter Horton


The CE Board has made the very difficult decision to cancel this weekend’s men’s retreat. While the camp itself has not been directly affected by the flooding in and around Marble Falls, the continued rain and forecast for additional rain leaves the chances for flash flooding very high. While most likely the camp would not be impacted because it sits on very high ground, it is possible the roads leading to the camp (including the highways), could be impacted. In an abundance of caution, the CE Board has made this difficult decision to cancel to insure everyone’s safety. As many of you would be driving at night to arrive, this only increased the potential risk. Please pass this along so that word gets out quickly.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to reschedule, but we look forward to to seeing you all at other events, meetings, and retreats next year. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact me by email or phone or text (972.742.6860).

We appreciate your understanding.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: