“Planted in 1991, Lakehills Free Will Baptist is a church that brings God’s Word to people in every situation from all walks of life.
• Our preaching is Bible-based and relevant.
• Our worship is grounded in the past and present.
• We are all about families.
• We love kids. We want to partner with parents and build a legacy of faith.
Lakehills is currently seeking a Youth & Family Minister. The ideal candidate will create and implement discipleship, community, and outreach ministries for kids (grades K-12), offer resources and support for parents and volunteers. One year experience in youth/family ministry is preferred, but not required. Must have strong personal faith and a biblical foundation that aligns with Lakehills Free Will Baptist Church in philosophy and Free Will Baptist doctrine.
The candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm and skills for connecting with young people and parents.
• Relational style of leadership and ministry, with a joyful spirit and good sense of humor
• Has good follow-through and finishes what they start.
• Knows how to have fun. Able to handle conflict in a biblical manner and maintain strict confidentiality
• Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision, while being a team player
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead various age groups.
• Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, flexible, and able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Also preferred is a musical background and a willingness to serve on the praise team or help with the music ministry when needed.
Responsibilities: Plan, lead, and attend all aspects of youth and family ministry for grades K-12, providing opportunity for spiritual growth, discipleship, and Christian community, including weekly Bible studies, social outings, camps, VBS, and missions projects.
• Create and administer a budget. Perform administrative tasks expected of staff members, including scheduling, communication, and safety procedures.
• Maintain clear and regular communication to parents (i.e. weekly/monthly updates, and social media for each specific ministry events.
• Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Reports to: Pastor
• Work Schedule: Full time; evening, weekend, and holiday work will be required.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and a teaching sample, if available, to email@example.com